Heartbreak can be one of the most painful things you will experience in your lifetime. I think sometimes we underestimate the effects heartbreak can have on us. As women we tend to wear our emotions on our sleeve so when we deal with break ups we can put ourselves through an emotional roller coaster. Heartbreak sometimes turns us into assertive beings and even changes who we are completely.
I remember my first heartbreak like it was yesterday. It felt like someone had literally ripped my heart out my chest. I cried for months. I stopped doing all of the things I loved to do. I didn't want to go anywhere or talk to anyone else. I eventually got to a place where I was able to move on but I had to realize that I needed to face my own issues and recognize my self worth.
When dealing with heartbreak you should realize these things
- Its okay not to be okay. There is nothing wrong with feeling whatever you feel as long as you don't allow those feelings to consume you. It's better to face your true feelings and learn how to heal from them instead of looking for that person in someone else.
- You were living before them and you will continue to live without them. We forget sometimes that we had a life before them. Just because you had a break up doesn't mean you should break up with life.
- Everyone you date isn't "the one". Instead of looking at the breakup as a negative thing focus on the fact that now you have the knowledge of what you like, what you don't like and what you wont allow.
- Sometimes it's not your fault. You will seriously drive yourself insane trying to over analyze things and constantly question yourself. You can be one of the most beautiful, smart, great spirited women in the world but if a man is not ready you can't make him be.
- You are trying. A lot of people won't even have a chance to experience love because of fear. You were brave enough to open up your heart to someone and give love a chance. Even though it didn't work you still tried. All successful people experience disappointment at some point but they choose not to give up.
You can't control when heartbreak will happen but you can control how you respond to it. You have to realize that it's not the end of the world but it's ok to give yourself time to feel whatever it is that you feel. Be strong enough to pick yourself up and learn from the experience.