Often times I ask myself what is beauty. We live in a world today where the media defines the word beauty. Whether we like to admit it or not most of us are programmed to believe that you have to have a specific something to be beautiful. More times than often we will start to compare ourselves to those people that we think have that specific something not realizing that we are shattering our own self confidence and self esteem. Its so important that you figure out what beauty is for yourself and realize that beauty is not solely your physical appearance but it is whats on the inside of you as well. As humans even some of the most confident individuals still have moments or days where they question themselves so I decided to put together a list of things you can do to make yourself feel more beautiful.
- Take a moment to give yourself credit for the things that you've accomplished. We can be our own worse critic so its important that you take a breather and recognize the wonderful things you've done.
- Be kind and inspire others. I firmly believe that what you put into the universe you will receive back. When you have a kind spirit your inner beauty radiates and it makes you feel good to be able to make a difference in someones life.
- Stay active even if it consist of walking for 10 minutes a day outside of your normal day to day routine. It makes you feel more energized and it relieves stress and anxiety. Most importantly it helps you to feel better about how you look.
- Embrace your flaws and look at them as a reminder of your connection to the world. Lets face it. If all of us were perfect how boring would this world be? Exactly!
- Get dressed up for no reason at all. Who said you only had to dress up for your spouse or going somewhere? Do it for yourself! If you dont know how to find the right clothing for your body type reach out to someone to help assist you so that you can look your best.
- Stop allowing negative people into your space. If someone makes you feel unworthy, unimportant, insecure and unwanted then you need to evaluate that relationship whether its a romantic one or just a friendship.
- Try a new hair style or makeup look. Changing things up makes you feel like a new improved person. If you are someone who doesnt normally wear makeup you can do something as simple as putting on a little mascara and a natural colored lip product and it will make you feel even more beautiful.
- Always find something to be grateful for. Life can make you want to give up sometimes but if you maintain an attitude of gratitude it can change your whole perspective on life.
- Stop comparing yourself to other people. God knew exactly what he was doing when he created you. There was a specific purpose you were created. Once you realize this you will begin YOUR own journey into finding who you are. Love yourself.
- Speak life into other people. Sometimes when we speak negative about other people for no reason it is a direct reflection of how we feel about ourselves. Learn to be compassionate and try to understand others before speaking negatively about them. It'll make your life so much more drama free.
We are all a work in progress so we wont get everything right all the time but I guarantee that if you follow these steps you will begin to feel more beautiful inside out.